Monday, August 2, 2010

Barnes and Noble Stamp of Approval

So I was at the Barnes and Noble on Fifth Avenue a few blocks from Rockefellar Center the other day, the very Barnes and Noble that minted me a Benjamin. Well, not literally, but I found it splat on the floor by the checkout roughyl this time last year. Not a bad reason to go bookstore hopping.

Anyway, I was lollygagging through the second floor fiction section when I stumbled upon-- Shades of Luz of all things. Now, I know my book has almost been in print for a year and I know it is available through obscure locations like Amazon UK, Amazon India, St. Marks Bookshop, the stacks of Strand and a few other nifty spots.


If it sticks out of the bookcase it must be legitimate.

I guess my immediate reaction was surprise. It's been almost a year since it's been in print and I have walked into independent bookshops and have seen it loafing on a shelf. But it's a horse of a different color seeing your book in a Barnes and Noble. No, I don't think I've arrived. Still, not to get the word about my writing, but it was a nice moment. Let's leave it at that.

For now, Girma Dali is taking up much of my time.I'd love that to be my follow-up, but we will have to see.

2 comments:

  1. Hey - way to go!! And welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Still have a couple of tricks up my sleeve.

    ReplyDelete